Each week, COSMIC TONES offers an examination of movements in Psychedelia and
all sorts of eclectic music from around the world.
Then to Now, it's all here.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Freak Out! (the brain police are after my stoned soul, but you can't kill me)

2nd Installation of Now Where:
another mixed bag of joy and terror.

Stoned Soul - Artie Christopher
1967, U.S.
.......
Who Are The Brain Police? - Frank Zappa
1966, U.S.
Fluid - The Gerbils
1998, Athens
Talybont - Gentle Giant
1975, U.K.

Trouble Every Day - Frank Zappa
1966, U.S.
.......
Up In Her Room - The Seeds
1966, Los Angeles
Passport - Euphone
1998, Chicago
.......
Radio Gnome > You Can't Kill Me - Gong
1971, France/Britian
Wucan - Black Mountain
2008, Vancouver
Never/Ever - The Black Angels
2008, Austin
.......
Haliç'te Güneşin Batışı - Mogollar
1970, Turkey
.......
Light My Fire (cover) - Ananda Shankar*
1970, India

*I stated on-air that Ananda is Ravi Shankar's daughter. two things wrong there:
Ananda is a man, and he was Ravi's nephew, not his son.
'Spose I shoulda checked me facts.

MP3 Download: nowwhere.2
(link is fixed)

No comments:

Post a Comment